Search This Blog

Loading...

Nerium Trial Run


Lately I've seen a lot of people out there talking about Nerium, a anti aging facial product. But most of the people I know talking about it sell it and while there's nothing wrong with that I was really interested to hear from people who buy it but sadly that information was hard to come by. 

When one of my former coworkers posted that she had sample bottles to use I just knew I needed to try it. Sigh, the things I do to entertain y'all and look young. So we talked and met up for me to collect the product - the deal was I'd be the keeper of a full size bottle for 5 days, use the product and then return it to Liz to discuss my thoughts. 


So that night I went home, washed my face and followed the instructions to apply. I can appreciate that if one ounce of a product costs $80 to $110 it shouldn't contain water, which this does not. The instructions say to run 4 to 5 pumps of the stuff on a damp face. Here's what the product looks like: 


That's only one pump. It's activated by water and turns into a very thin, firm mask which is worn overnight. I've seen a lot of complaints about the smell, it's not great but not terrible - definitely smells like plants, and the odor isn't very strong once it firms. Here's the list of ingredients: 



In the morning it's washed off and I did my usual routine. Of course I took before and after pictures and of course I'm crazy enough to share them: 



I really don't see a difference although I understand 5 days isn't much time. Liz said this was more to give me the opportunity to try the routine and see if "the texture works for me". So texture wise it wasn't bad, but a little weird to me to sleep with my skin being tight at night. This also makes my skin itchy during the day, not like an unbearable itch but noticeable even with a moisturizer. I am allergic to pollen and ragweed and this is botanical so maybe thats why I had this issue, I didnt bother consulting with my dr. I do feel I looked at little "fresher" in the morning so I do believe that overtime it can work to make the skin have an even "glow" about it. I think this product will give similar results to getting a vi peel but done overtime so there's no need for downtime. For people who don't have the time or patience for a peel this could be really great for them, of course the peel does have the added benefit of cleaning out the pores.

A big criticism I've heard is that Nerium contains Oleander, which is a poisonous plant. Y'all, if you're not smart enough to not eat your face cream then you have bigger problems then reducing wrinkles. Also, Botox is huge in the anti aging market and is also a poison - one that's injected into the skin - so calm down. 

Ultimately, I don't think this product is for me as I'm beyond expecting anti aging to come just from serums and this one made me a little itchy, but for someone who is intimidated by Botox or peels and only wants an OTC remedy then there's nothing to loose by giving it a 5 day try. There was no pressure or hard feelings that I decided not to purchase - I've heard this as a criticism too and I think it depends on the rep just like any sales position.
 
Since she was nice enough to let me try her products I'm sharing Liz's Nerium page below. She's running a May special that anyone who becomes a preferred customer (signs up for monthly $80 shipments) or a brand partner (sells the product and hosts a "party" within two weeks of signing up) get a free bottle of Nerium firm, which is a cellulite cream.

http://www.nerium.com/default.aspx?ID=lizhancock

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I've heard of this, and it's great to have a non-biased perspective. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still concerned about toxicity, because absorption through your pores can go into your blood stream. Even if it's not a lot in one dose, I wonder about long term effects. Putting a toxin on the skin could also cause inflammation. Just my two cents though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about it that way. Personally its not a concern but I can see how that would be a big turn off to some people.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button

Labels

Southern Girl Style my life snarky dating Lilly Pulitzer around memphis beauty being the best version of myself American Values Football fashion find friday southern manners politics $40 date Religion Spending growing up favorite things mail my friends are married Tea finance blessings career letting go Junior League Memphis dining afternoon tea christmas entertaining gifting girl time lilly for less new orleans university of memphis 30 before 30 Estée Lauder Losing a loved one botox fashion it's ok to be gay leggings are not pants social pressure sorority vi peel Community involvement Customer service Murfee scarf annoying parents crafty stuff dogs facial false eyelashes friend's weddings frugal fashion gun little rock men vs women the dixon the lilly look writing young professional. 2014 Basketball Elsa Top Friends Gamma Phi Beta I made it LEAD Purses Raw Food Running Valentines day Yelp baby it's cold outside bad idea best dressed decorating eBay family fancy and frugal girls inc giveaway groupon haley i made it! makeup bag nashville old navy linen pants saving money target thanksgiving tiny prints weight loss wine women 101 Budweiser Christmas cards Comminity involvement Cowbells Drag queens Flemmings Get motivated Halloween Harney and Sons International Badge Day Job search Las Delicias Liberty Bell Literatini Losing a love one Loyola Lunch at Lilly March madness Me time Mexican food Mississippi State Museum National Panhellenic Conference Oscar De La Renta Personality test Popsugar Port of Call Sassy gay friend Seasons 52 Solutions Medical Center Southern Charm Southern Living Idea Home St Louis Stardust Tea and Spices Support the arts Tennessee brewery untapped Tennessee pewter Tevana The Peabody The Pink Silhouette Victoria's Secret adult responsibility arkansas state art baseball bee venom facial beer being a bridesmaid booksellers changing seasons choose 901 clutch cocktails for a cause colon cleanse colon cleansing cooking critter bracelets detox facial mask dictionary dishcrawl facebook faith fitness formal wear fresh market girl's night glam glow guest post happy hour hats headbands high / low fashion hipsters honey facial indeed jewelry just for fun kate spade knit blazer labels laser hair removal lent magazines malin + goetz mardi gras mardi gras ball mean girls memphis mentoring mindy kailing mother's day nerium new year cheer sale ocoee oil cleansing organizing passion playhouse positivity pretty stuff redbirds resale resume self indulgence semi annual sale shop local shopping deals sisters tea house southern girl style. fashion find friday sushi sweetie tca peel the empress tiny print too much info undercurrent wear pink western wear what to wear white water rafting wine club yoga young professional younique
Powered by Blogger.